Best Things to Do with Kids in and around Luxembourg This Weekend
The great Tic Tac Toe challenge, parent and child age 7-13 (Advanced booking required, in EN)
Love the game? we will take it to a whole new level! About this Event: In this 3-hour session we, parents and children, in small teams, will develop new and creative strategies to play the game of Tic Tac Toe. Then let our strategies compete against the strategies of the other teams!! No prior knowledge in coding is required, come with a lot of energy and excitement! We will start with introduction to computer coding, exposing the kids (and parents) to the basics of coding, Problem solving, logical and creative thinking, using that knowledge we will move on to the exciting Tic Tac Toe challenge! For additional information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Tickets here.
Where: House of Startups 9 Rue du Laboratoire 1911 Luxembourg
When: Sat, July 6, 2019 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM CEST
Age: Ages 7-13
Cost: €35 for child + Parent
Unicorner second anniversary party!
Two years have passed since the Unicorner adventure started and we are now on the blooming stage. We are extremely grateful for your support and would like to celebrate once more with a fun party with you! Like every year, we promise a full day of fun for grown ups and little ones! finger food, drinks, music, face painting, balloons, activities for the kids, workshops, animations, etc. WHAT’S ON THE AGENDA?
– Glitter Tattoos & Face painting
– Rhythmic gymnastics, Gymstick, pilates and yoga sessions throughout the day by Infit Store
– Girls can learn how to turn themselves into a real ballerina – ballet hairbun and make-up by Infit Store
– Make your own crepe paper flowers workshop
– editerranean finger food Buffet by Aleo throughout the day
– Las Maracas – the Mexican foodtruck will be with us for lunch between noon and 2pm with Mexican delicacies
– Discover the healthy probiotic drinks by ‘The Happy Guts’ – the expert herself will be present to tell you more about all its benefits besides the great taste.
– Discover the beautiful flowers by Botanica for the eyes and the tastebuds
– Delicious dessert from Sweet dreams by Nikkie Rodriguez
And special offers on the day!
Where: Unicorner Concept Store, 35, Rue de Beggen, 1221 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
When: 6 July: 10:00-18:00h
Age: all ages
Reed & Simon Family Day (Registration required)
Batt down the hatches for our annual family day Reedandsimon Rules in Luxembourg Hamm.
Enjoy tight burgers from the Taste brothers foodtruck, rough roasted coffee from Cafe tree and stormy cocktails from Steffen traiteur. Experience the USM modular atelier.Trim your sails, trust your luck and win 4 Vitra Eames fiberglass chairs. Throw anchor on our free parking and tread into new land with your family.
Where: Reedandsimon Rules, 7a rue de bitbourg Z.I. Hamm, 1273 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
When: 6 July: 10-19:00h
Belair Summer Festival
Where: 110 avenue Gaston Diderich, 1420 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
When: 6 July: 12-18h
Saturday & Sunday
Kinnekswiss Open Air Concert
Head over with the family to Kinnekswiss for this year’s open air concerts. Check out the website for details!
Where: Kinnekswiss Parc, Luxembourg, 29 Avenue de la Porte-Neuve, 2227 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
When:3, 6 July (9pm) and 7 July (11am)
Age: all ages
Meeting point for all professional farmers, foresters, horticulturists, scientists doing research in agro/biotech. A particular focus will be on the presentation of Luxembourg products and consumer awareness in the discovery of local products. Your children will have the opportunity to explore the various stages of processing of agricultural products and pet the farm animals. With its wide entertainment program, AWF invites visitors of all ages to spend a great day in a pleasant atmosphere.
Where: Centre d’exposition Deich, rue du Deich, L-9012 Ettelbruck
When: 6-7 July : 9:00-19:00h
Cost: 8 EUR – adult; 6 EUR per adult for families, kids under 16 go free;
Workshops at Mudam
A number of workshops for young and old at Mudam. Check out the complete program on the website.
Where: Mudam Luxembourg, 3 Park Dräi Eechelen, L-1499 Luxembourg
Cost: Free for children (Normal entrance fee for adults)
Blast Furnace Festival
Come and discover the great dance and fire show, concerts, performances and exhibitions taking place over the industrial remains in Belval !
Where: avenue du Rock’n’Roll / place des Hauts Fourneaux, L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette
When: 6-7 July
Medieval Fest – Hesperange Park
Medieval market with games and workshops for kids!
Where: Parc Communal, L-5827 Hesperange
When: 6-7 July
Model Sailboats in Parc Merl
16 model sailboats will be made available to children at Merl Park (pond near the pavilion) between 11:00 and 17:00 on selected weekends!
Where: Parc Merl
When: selected weekends from 29 June until 2 Sept – check the website for details
Ride in a fully air-conditioned cabin and enjoy a breathtaking 360° panoramic view from 81 meters height!
Where: Place de la Constitution , Luxembourg city
When: 29.06 – 18.08
Cost: adults – 7 EUR; kids 4-12 years – 4 EUR; kids under 4 – free
Bee Trail – Kids Learn Why Bees Are Awesome
Head over with the kids to the 2.5 km bee trail that goes across the city and includes 13 information stops. There you will discover the richness of biodiversity in the city as well as the world of bees (just a few examples of the adventures that awaits you on the tour: a hive on the roof of a building, a hotel for wild bees, and much more)! Alternatively, teach your kids about the importance of bees and the ecosystem with the BeePopulate game. With this app you can design virtual garden for bees to pollinate!
Where: Luxembourg city
When:May – September
The Little Gym Camps (in English, French)
The Little Gym holiday camps offers fun and activities. The specially developed themed camp curriculum combines physical fitness and play with arts, crafts and special events. It’s the perfect break for kids (and parents!)
The Little Gym camps run from July 8th to September 4th
• For 3 to 8 years old: Super Quest Camp is full of exciting, creative missions where boys and girls will exercise their muscles, imaginations and cooperation skills – working together to complete a different quest each day.
• For 6 to 12 years old: Skill Thrill Camp Back Handspring? Back Tuck? The Little Gym’s Skill Thrill Camps will take your child’s gymnastics skills to the next level. It’s the perfect combination of fun, skill-building, and success for your thrill-seeker.
Where: 5 Rue Pletzer, L-8080 Bertrange
Age: 3–12 years
Summer, Games and Fun Fest at Dudelange (Summer, Spill & Spaass)
Great summer outdoor party for children with entertainment, sports and games activities!
Where: Parc Le’h, Place Marc Zanussi, Dudelange
When: 7 July: 11:00-18:00h
The Magician’s Powers (Booking required )
“Manu, great magician artist, starts his show when, suddenly, his powers disappear! He then calls on for help his Master of Magic. The children will help him in his quest to find his powers again!
How will he do it?
Where: THEATRE LE 10, 595, rue de Neudorf,Luxembourg, 2220
When: 7 July: 15h
Age: all ages
Cost: 10-15 EUR
Kids run. You do not have to be registered with a sports club to participate. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the race so that you can warm up. In your first participation you will receive a passport. For each run you get a stamp on your passport. Cactus donates € 1 to Fondatioun Kriibkskrank Kanner for each stamp in your passport.
When: 7 July: 11h30
Age: 5-12 years
Bird Banding (Booking required)
See how bird banding is done! Please wear appropriate boots and clothing. Special guided tour for children and parents. Bring binoculars if possible. Dogs are not allowed.
Where: parking of the Football Stadium, rue de Beyren, Munsbach
When: 7 July: 9-11h
Puppet Theatre (in German, Booking required)
Where: Poppespënnchen, Place de Saintignon, L-4698 Lasauvage
When: 7 July:15h30
Age: 3+ years
Cost: 5 EUR – kids; 7 EUR – adults
Jan and Henry (in German, Booking required)
Jan and Henry, the popular meerkats of KiKA Children’s Channel fame, go on tour to present their first big musical, including a stopover at the Festival de Wiltz for their only performances in Luxembourg. Live on stage Jan and Henry, as curious and amiable as ever, will become involved in a detective story for young viewers.
When: 7 July: 15h
Age: 4+ years
Cost: 25 € adults / 14 € teenagers <26 / 1,50 € Kulturpass
And you shouldn’t forget about the 501 Things To Do With Kids In And Around Luxembourg Guide — it is the perfect way to plan your weekend or weekly getaway — visit a park, got to a camping site, take a picture perfect stroll down a nature trail…..
There are more activities happening this weekend listed in our recurrent weekend activities list -like Yoga for kids, workshops at Casino, Stories in Cité-Bibliothèque, workshops at MNHN , workshops in Mudam , Cinémathèque For Kids (Cinema Paradiso), Il était une fois and much more! Check all of them out here!
Events Outside Luxembourg
– around 24 km from Luxembourg city (Château de Preisch, 2 rue des Lilas, 57570 Basse-Rentgen, France): Treasure Hunts – weekends from 13.04-13.10.2019
– around 46 km from Luxembourg city (Château des Ducs de Lorraine Sierck-les-Bains,rue du Château, 57480 Sierck les Bains, France ): Escape Game (8+ yrs) – 30.06-25.08.2019
– around 49 km from Luxembourg city ( Trier and surroundings ): Various kids events and theatres
– around 64 km from Luxembourg city (Metz, France): Various workshops for kids and 20 June – 7 Sept see Constellations 2019 – Digital Arts Festival
– around 71 km from Luxembourg city (Cueillette de Peltre, Avenue de Strasbourg, 57245 Peltre): Pick Your Own Strawberries
– around 118 km from Luxembourg city (Nancy, France): Sound and Light Shows: 15 June – 15 Sept
– around 257 km from Luxembourg city (Antwerp, Belgium): Do you know about “Summer of Antwerp“ (21.6-1.9. 2019)? Summer beach, beach chairs and bar, circus, show and entertainment for the whole family!
Our month-by-month kids’ events calendar for families will help you make the most of every month. It highlights the annual recurrent kids’ events and activities in and around Luxembourg