Summer is over but,
hey, don’t be sad
— our Fall Fun Events
will cheer you up! And here is a sneak peak of our Halloween Events!
The theaters, cultural centers, companies and artists of Luxembourg will be back in the city center to inform you about the coming season. In a friendly atmosphere, meet those who live, on stage or behind the scenes, the performing arts. Artists and teams of cultural venues will listen to you, and will surely find something to interest you – alone, with two or with family … Come and discover new programming and let yourself be carried away by your curiosity.
Where: Royal Hamilius, Place Emilie Hamilius, L-2346, Luxembourg
When: 17 September: 14-18:30h (2021)
Mëllerdall Clean Up Day is on the same day as than the World Clean Up Day. Help us to collect garbage according to the motto Hike & Clean in the Mullerthal Region – Luxembourg’s Little Switzerland! How can you participate? Find a group of hiking buddies or come alone and register with the ORT at email@example.com or Tel: 72 04 57 1. See more info here
Where: Mullerthal Region
When: 18 September
Festival celebrating youth talent in the areas of music and dance. Information stands as well as various workshops related to dance and music will be available.
Where: Rotondes, places de Rotondes, L-2448 Luxembourg-Bonnevoie
When: 18 Sept: 14:00-24:00h (2021)
Come and buy 2nd hand items – bikes, clothes, bric-a-brac, books, toys, furniture! There will be bargains galore!
Where: Parking Adenauer, Kirchberg, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. Free shuttles from Glacis with Double Decker Bus
When: 18 Sept: 9:00-16:00h
Great outdoor party for children with entertainment, sports and games activities!
Where: Various places in Esch – check the website
When: 18 Sept: 11:00-18:00h
Where: 26 Av. Pasteur, 2310 Luxembourg
When: 18.09.2021 at 14h30 and 17h00
Age: 3+ yrs
Cost: 10 euro child, 20 euro Adult
The children help clean and prepare the horses. Plenty of activities and various outside games will be organised too. Every child will bea rider, assistant and horse handler. . Old clothes and sturdy shoes are recommended.
Where: Pädagogeschen Reithaff “A Mëchels”, 3 rue Theis Flaxweiler, 6925 Luxembourg
When: 18 Sept: 15:00-16:30h
Age: 6-8 years
Cost: 30 €
Workshops for kids!
Where: am ‘natur musée’ am Gronn , rue Munster 25, L-2160 Luxembourg
When: 18 Sept
Age: 11-13 years
Cost: 5 EUR per workshop
KIDS YOGA 5-10 yrs
Yoga is a wonderful way for children to stay (or become) confident, strong, balanced and healthy.
– Saturdays 13h45-14h35 Kids 5-7yrs – KIRCHBERG (2, Circuit de la Foire Internationale L-1347 Luxembourg)
– Saturdays 15h-15h50 Kids 8-10yrs – KIRCHBERG (2, Circuit de la Foire Internationale L-1347 Luxembourg)
TEEN YOGA 10-14yrs
Expanding minds and maturing bodies come together through independent and group activities that stimulate teens’ physical strength, emotional balance and self-confidence.
– Thursdays 17h15-18h15 – MERL (486, route de Longwy L-1940 Luxembourg)
– Saturdays 16h15-17h15 – KIRCHBERG (2, Circuit de la Foire Internationale L-1347 Luxembourg)
Kids & teen program is a set of 12 classes for 200€ from 18.09 to 23.12.2021 (no classes during ceratin holidays).
Space is limited to 10 kids/teens per class.
These courses will be held in English with some translation to French if needed.
During the Open Days weekend various businesses of all sizes and in all sectors are opening their doors to the public. There is so much to discover – see the list of businesses open to the public on the website below!
Where: various places
When: 18-19 September (2021)
Concert for kids and adults!
Where: Philharmonie Luxembourg, 1 Place de l’Europe, 1499 Luxembourg
When: 18-19 September
Age: 3-5 yrs
Cost: 12 EUR kids/ 18 EUR adults
This is the 4th international contemporary art fair which offers an extensive overview of contemporary with more than 200 artists and gallery owners and more than 3000 works exhibited
Where: LuxExpo The Box, Rue Carlo Hemmer, L-1347 Luxembourg-Kirchberg, South Entrance
When: 17-19 Sept: 14:00 to 18:00
Age: 5-12 yrs
Cost: free from under 18 yrs old; 10 EUR – adults
To mark European Mobility Week (16–22 September), the communes in Lux will be hosting a range of public events in line with this year’s theme: Zero-emission mobility for all. Check out the events for your commune to discover the activities!
Where: varies – see website
When: 16-22 Sept
Large medieval camp with demonstrations, medieval music by the Trier minstrels, Luc the magician, merchants, craftsmen, ironwork by the Hephaïstos brotherhood, games and fun by Therakulix for young and old
Where: Gréiweschlass in Koerich, Koerich Castle (Schloss Koerich), Rue du Château, 8385 Koerich
When: 18-19 Sept: Saturday, September 18, 2021 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday, September 19, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Cost: Free / Admission is only granted with a valid CovidCheck certificate (EU Digital COVID Certificate – EU DDC) or after a self-test, which is offered free of charge on site.
Still planning your autumn schedule? Don’t forget to enrol and book your spot for this coming term, starting on the 6th September and running up to the end of November for classes in the Cloche d’Or commercial centre!
Discover all options in our 1001 Things To Do With Kids In And Around Luxembourg Guide!
There are more activities happening this weekend listed in our recurrent weekend activities list -like workshops at Casino, Stories in Cité-Bibliothèque, workshops at MNHN , workshops in Mudam , Cinémathèque For Kids (Cinema Paradiso) and much more! Check all of them out here!
– around 24 km from Luxembourg city (Château de Preisch, 2 rue des Lilas, 57570 Basse-Rentgen, France): Treasure Hunts – weekends from 17.04-17.10.2021
– around 45 km from Luxembourg city (Château de Malbrouck, 57480 Manderen, France): Asterix Expo–until 28 Nov
– around 46 km from Luxembourg city (Château des Ducs de Lorraine Sierck-les-Bains,rue du Château, 57480 Sierck les Bains, France ): Escape Game (8+ yrs) – until October 2021
– around 49 km from Luxembourg city ( Trier and surroundings ): Various kids events and theatres and Guided Walk for kids in Trier;
– around 49 km from Luxembourg city ( Château Saint-Sixte, Rue du Château, 57320 Freistroff, France): Corn maze, treasure hunt, barefoot path, the mini golf and visit of the castle – until November 21
– around 64 km from Luxembourg city (Metz, France):Various workshops for kids
– around 145 km from Luxembourg city (Charleville-Mézières, France): International Puppet Festival – 17-26 Sept (2021)
– around 158 km from Luxembourg city (The Labyrinth of Barvaux-sur-Ourthe, Rue Basse Commène, 6940 Barvaux, Belgium, 10 mins from Durbuy): Beauty And the Beast labyrinth: 3 July – 3 October
September month-by-month kids’ events calendar for families will help you make the most of every month. It highlights the annual recurrent kids’ events and activities in and around Luxembourg
Stay safe and healthy!