Carnival or Fuesent is celebrated big time in Luxembourg. It’s time to dress up, party and have candy. It starts on Candlemas day (Liichtmëssdag) and goes on until Ash Wednesday (Äschermëttwoch, in early March). During that period a lot of Carnival events and parades takes place !
Monthly readings with animation for children.
Where: Aalt Stadhaus, 38, avenue Charlotte, L-4530 Differdange
When: 11 February: For ages 3 to 6, readings take place at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.; For ages 7 to 9, readings will take place at 10 a.m.
Age: 3+ yrs
The course is intended for children aged from 10 to 12 years. No prior experience in climbing is required. Please bring comfortable clothing and clean sport shoes.
Where:Youth hostel Echternach, 100, rue Grégoire Schouppe, L-6479 Echternach
When: Monday, 13 February from 09:30 to 16:30
Age: 10-12 yrs
Cost: 63/70 EUR
Find all School Holiday Camps and Classes here!
A large wooden cross is set on fire in order to figuratively “burn the winter”.
Our week-long art class will explore a range of art making techniques, materials and ideas, from drawing and canvas painting, printing on fabrics, t-shirt creation, clay modelling and more.
Each day we focus on a new theme that allows for individual interpretation and personalisation.
In our free creative time we will make slime, glitter tattoos and other fun activities so loved by children!
• Children 5-12 yrs
• Morning camp is from 9:00am – 12:00pm
• Afternoon camp is from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
• One teacher and one instructor
• Camps are held in French, English and Luxembourgish
• Fees are 240€/child per week (morning or afternoon session) and include all art materials
• Siblings will receive a 10% discount
• For registration and more information: www.tipptopp.lu
Make sure to sign up to start or continue your child’s art journey.
This is where creativity meets fun!
The festival celebrates the diversity of cultures in Luxembourg. You will find lots of information stands, live musical performance, film projections and entertainment for the kids – see the complete program on the website
Where: check website
When: 25-26 February
Age: all ages
Where: CAPE/CAKU – Centre des Arts Pluriels Ettelbruck, 1 place Marie-Adélaïde, L-9063,ETTELBRUCK, Luxembourg
When: 26 Feb: 16:00
Age: 4-9 yrs
Cost: 16€ | 8€ | 1,50€
The regional tourist office is organising a guided tour, on Sunday 26 February. The occasion is the International Tourist Guide Day and the theme of this year is Myths and Legends. Elisabeth, the guide, will take the group on a journey to medieval Echternach. The tour will focus on the origins of Echternach in the Middle Ages, the life of Saint Willibrord and the Hopping Procession as well as the legend of Laange Veit.
You have to register in advance: email@example.com as the number of participants is limited.
Where: Echternach, The tour starts at Parking A Kack, then leads to Peter and Paul Church, the Basilica and the crypt. After the tour, you can try out to jump to the tune of the procession in the Abbey courtyard.
When: 26 February 2023 , Duration of the tour: 60 minutes. Start: Parking A Kack, Rue du Pont
Age: 10+ yrs
Check out the website for details!
Where: Kulturhaus Niederanven, 145, route de Trèves, Niederanven
Age: check out website for details.
Check out the website for details!
Where: Villa Vauban, 18 avenue Emile Reuter, L-2420 Luxembourg
Age: check out website for details.
Where: Mudam Luxembourg, 3 Park Dräi Eechelen, L-1499 Luxembourg
Cost: check website
KindyROO aims to enrich the learning potential and health of children, by providing a fun and educational environment in which parent and child can bond and learn together. Come along to KindyROO Luxembourg to try the acclaimed classes and understand how we can help your child to maximize their learning potential! See website below for further details!
Where: Cloche d’Or CC, level E (25, bd F.W. Raiffeisen, 2411 Luxembourg)
When: check out the detailed schedule and their Facebook posts
Age: 6 weeks – 5 years
Yoga helps kids become more confident, strong, balanced and friendly.
KIDS YOGA 5-9 yrs – Yoga is a great way for kids to increase awareness of themselves, others and the world, while having fun! Yoga is a wonderful way for children to stay (or become) confident, strong, balanced and healthy. Yoga engages a child’s natural boundless energy and conveys valuable lessons in positive thinking, body and mind awareness. Each class is alive with magical journeys where we meet with animals, fly an airplane or drive a car, grow into a tree or imitate the ocean waves, all in the form of dynamic yoga poses.
Pre-TEEN YOGA (8-11yrs) & TEEN YOGA (10-15yrs) – Expanding minds and maturing bodies come together through independent and group activities that stimulate teens’ physical strength, emotional balance and self-confidence. Classes integrate traditional yoga poses, flowing sequences, breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation techniques as well as self-reflection. This course will also give them some tools for dealing with their everyday tasks in a more relaxing way, make them feel empowered and more confident with their bodies, stimulate their imagination, raise their awareness on peace and treating their body gently… all the while having fun and helping them find their own way towards stillness :-). This class is more like an adult yoga class, but still lots of fun!
When: Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays
Where: YOGABALANCE – Walferdange Studio / 3, rue Millewee L-7257 Walferdange/ +352 621 406 088
More activities happening this weekend. So check out our Weekly Recurrent Activities page!
– around 49 km from Luxembourg city ( Trier and surroundings ): Various kids events and theatres;
– around 54 km from Luxembourg city (1 Rue du Tigre, 57360 Amnéville, France, France): Amneville Zoo – LUMINESCENCES FESTIVAL: October 30, 2022 To March 25, 2023. As soon as night falls, discover the 6 worlds of our lantern trail in a luminous and sound path in the heart of a magical garden.
– around 64 km from Luxembourg city (Metz, France): Various workshops for kids
– around 64 km from Luxembourg city (Metz, France): 23-26 February, Salon Chocolat
– around 64 km from Luxembourg city (Metz Expo Evénements – Parc des Expositions de l’Eurométropole de Met): 11-21 February, Dynamic Park, 25 fun activities on 6500 m2
And you shouldn’t forget about the 1001 Things To Do With Kids In And Around Luxembourg Guide — it is the perfect way to plan your weekend or weekly getaway — visit a park, got to a camping site, take a picture perfect stroll down a nature trail…..…..Check out our main site for some sample ideas!
And here are some places, close to Luxembourg, where you can go skiing even with little ones.
– Snowworld Amneville: indoor ski slopes, ski/sledding rental equipment available even for little ones (the smallest ski boot size is 26). There is even an indoor café/bar from which ski slopes are visible!
– Erbeskopf: ski slope, around 91 km from Luxembourg city; ski/sledding rental equipment available as well
– Baraque de Fraiture, Belgium: small ski slope, around 114 km from Luxembourg city;
– Ski Ovifat, Belgium: ski slope, around 156 km from Luxembourg city;
– Les Vosges, France: around 2h30 from Luxembourg. Check the link for details of the different ski areas available. And here check the snow report.
Our month-by-month kids’ events calendar for families will help you make the most of every month. It highlights the annual recurrent kids’ events and activities in and around Luxembourg.
Remember to always check the organizers links before heading out to the events for potential last-minute updates or changes! Stay safe and healthy!