We are out to get some sun! This is our last post for this Summer, next post will be the weekend of 8-9 September!
If you are staying in Luxembourg for the summer, then scroll down for our picks for summer kid-friendly fun activities in and around Luxembourg . And also make sure to check out the 501 Things to do with Kids in Luxembourg guide.
And, of course, don’t forget about our Best Summer Camps for Kids guide – make sure to explore all of your options!!
11 August – Kids Day in the National Mining Museum
Take you kids to this Kids Day and enjoy a wide variety of activities and shows suitable for the whole family. Kids will have the possibility to win various gifts as well!
Where: Carreau de la Mine Walert, L-3714 RUMELANGE, Luxembourg
When: 11 August : 11:00-17 :00h
Age: 11-17 years
12 August – Mill Festival ‘From grain to bread’
The watermill in Enscherange, popularly called “Äischer Millen” or, Rackésmillen ‘, was built in 1824 and is still be used today to mill Luxembourgish flour. Discover it on this open day with guided tours of the mill, carriage rides with Ardennes horses, explanations of Luxembourg cereals and grains, pizza and bread baking, boat-making and races, group games and much more.
Where: Rackésmillen, Am Burreneck, 9753 Enscherange
When: Sunday 12 August: 11:00 – 18:00
Cost: Free admission
Until 12 August – City SKYLINER
Ride in a fully air-conditioned cabin and enjoy a breathtaking 360° panoramic view from 72 meters high observation tower!
Where: Place de la Constitution , Luxembourg city
When: 30.06 – 12.08: Sunday to Thursday : 11 AM – 9 PM | Friday + Saturday : 11 AM – 11 PM
Cost: adults – 7 EUR; kids 4-12 years – 4 EUR; kids under 4 – free
15 August – Family Day at Park Sënnesräich Lullange
The Salle des 5 Senses with its numerous play stations and the Garden of the 5 senses with its various recreational spaces will be accessible all day long!
Several activities will be organized for young and old by the teams of the Our Nature Park and the Park Sënnesräich.
Where: Park Sënnesräich Lullange, Maison 30, 9762 Lullange
When: 15 Aug: 10-17h
Age: all ages
Cost: check website
Until 17 August – Open Air Cinema
An open-air cinema with screenings for adults and children – a giant screen with 500 places. Check out the website for the program
Where: square in front of the Grand Duke’s Palace; interior courtyard of the Théâtre des Capucins , courtyard of the Rotondes, Echternach and Esch/Alzette
When: 21 July – 17 Aug
17-19 August – Kolla Festival
A festival for the whole family with a number of kids-friendly activities!
Where: 1 Rue Collart, 8414 Steinfort
When: 17-19 August
Cost: 11 € for weekend pass (free – < 16 years old)
Saturdays until 25 Aug incl. – Kids Activities in Remich
Kids are invited to discover different activities like climbing, kills games, etc.
Where: ESPLANADE, Place Dr. Fernand Kons, L-5533 REMICH, Luxembourg
When: every Saturday ->until 25 August
23 August – 11 Sept – Schueberfouer
The Schueberfouer, funfair of the city of Luxembourg, is the biggest funfair in Luxembourg and the Greater Region. Come and experience around 200 attractions, amongst which 25 rides, over 12 kiddy rides, entertainment games, a dozen restaurants, numerous snacks and take-outs, etc. from over 6 different nations. For the special events (inauguration, days with reduced costs, etc.) see the agenda. Do not forget to print your discount coupons from here.
Where: Glacis Car Park, Luxembourg City
When: 23 August – 11 Sept (Restaurants and snacks are open from 12 p.m., games and attractions open at 2 p.m. The Schueberfouer closes down for the night at 1 a.m. on weekdays and at 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.)
24-28 Aug – La kermesse(funfair) in Vaux-sur-Sûre
The fest in Vaux-sur-Sure includes many events and attractions so your entertainment is guaranteed. Little kids can enjoy duck fishing and a racetrack! Do not forget to print your discount coupons – see the website below.
When: 19-23 August
25-26 August – Sailboats in Parc Merl
Head over with your kids so that they can play with the sailboats!
Where: Parc Merl
When: 25-26 Aug
25-26 August – LuxPlaymoDays
If you or your kids like Playmobil then visit the annual international gathering of Playmobil collectors. The exhibition is on 1000m2 and includes 15 scenes ranging from 2m2 to 50m2 on various themes. Around 120 tables selling Playmobil stuff will be available as well.
Where: Salle des Fêtes, Clemency ,1 rue de Sélange,L-4965 CLEMENCY
When: 26 August: 10:00-18:00h; 27 August: 10:00-17:00h
Cost: 2.50 EUR –adults; Free – kids
Until September – Bee Trail – Kids Learn Why Bees Are Awesome
Head over with the kids to the 2.5 km bee trail that goes across the city and includes 13 information stops. There you will discover the richness of biodiversity in the city as well as the world of bees (just a few examples of the adventures that awaits you on the tour: a hive on the roof of a building, a hotel for wild bees, and much more)! Alternatively, teach your kids about the importance of bees and the ecosystem with the BeePopulate game. With this app you can design virtual garden for bees to pollinate!
Where: Luxembourg city
When:May – September
1-2 September – Last Summer Dance Festival
Music and art festival. There will be some workshops for kids as well!
Where: 21, Porte des Ardennes, Erpeldange-Sur-Sure
When: 1-2 Sept
Cost: 15 EUR – 2 days (free kids uner 14 yrs); 10 EUR per day on spot
2 Sept – Luxmama Family Fun Day
Come and join our Family Fun Day in the Park! All Families and Friends are welcome! It’s a great way to meet other parents in the community! In the program: Baby Sensory, Luxkids Lab, Message in a Bottle story reading and much more. Check out the complete program here.
Where: Parc Riedgen, Strassen, 30 Rue Henri Dunant
When: 27 Aug: 11-14h
Cost: €5 per adult
2 September – Potato Fest
A fun day for the whole family where you learn about the potatoes, see lots of tractors and enjoy the entertainment (special contests for the kids; nomination of King and Queen Potato and much more)!
Where: Binsfeld , Luxembourg
When: 2 September: 10:00h
Until 2 September – Guided tours of the Palace of the Grand Dukes
Take the tour if your little ones are enchanted with princes/princesses and would like to see where they live!
Where: Grand Ducal Palace, 17, rue du Marché-aux-Herbes, L-1728 Luxembourg
When: 12 July-2 September – see website for details
Cost: 12 EUR – adults; 6 EUR – kids
Until 13 September – Summer Activities at Villa Vauban
In the upcoming summer months, come and take part in the various activities on offer in Villa Vauban’s park. Whether on your own, as a couple or with family and friends, come and spend a relaxing time in a unique setting. Check the full program on the website – there a number of activities for the kids!
Where: Villa Vauban, 18 avenue Emile Reuter, L-2420 Luxembourg
When: 12 July – 13 Sept
Cost: Free for kids (Adults pay museum entry fee 5 EUR)
Until 16 September – Summer Sports Activities at the Kinnekswiss and Trampolines at Merl Park
Free sports activities (football, volleyball, badminton, pétanque, Frisbee and many more) offered by Lux city at Kinnekswiss (and around Lux). Equipment and instructors are available on site. Check out the program on the website. And don’t forget about the free trampolines in Merl park for your kids!
Where: Kinnekswiss (the park next to Glacis parking)/ Merl park (trampolines)
When: sports activities: 6 July-9 September; trampolines: 6 July – 16 September (12:00-20:00h)
Age: 11-17 years
And you shouldn’t forget about the 501 Things To Do With Kids In And Around Luxembourg Guide — it is the perfect way to plan your weekend or weekly getaway — visit a park, got to a camping site, take a picture perfect stroll down a nature trail (by the way there are 25 of those mentioned in the 501 Things Guide)
There are more activities happening this weekend listed in our recurrent weekend activities list -like Arts and Crafts for kids, Baby Sensory classes, Yoga for kids, workshops at Casino, Stories in Cité-Bibliothèque, workshops at MNHA museum , workshops in Mudam , Cinémathèque For Kids (Cinema Paradiso), Il était une fois and much more! Check all of them out here!
Events Outside Luxembourg
– around 24 km from Luxembourg city (Château de Preisch, 2 rue des Lilas, 57570 Basse-Rentgen, France): Treasure Hunts – weekends from 15.04-15.10
– around 45 km from Luxembourg city (Château de Malbrouck, 57480 Manderen, France): Tintin Expo–21 April – 30 Nov
– around 46 km from Luxembourg city (Château des Ducs de Lorraine Sierck-les-Bains,rue du Château, 57480 Sierck les Bains, France ): Medieval Games for kids – Sundays in August; Fest at the Castle – 18-19 August
– around 49 km from Luxembourg city ( Trier and surroundings ): Various kids events and theatres and Guided Walk for kids , THE 2018 GREEN CLASSROOM (April – Oct)
– around 64 km from Luxembourg city (Metz, France): Various workshops for kids ; from 22 June – 2 Sept – see the Dancing Fountains; from 21 July – 15 Aug – Metz Plage
– around 68 km from Luxembourg city (Maisalm, Leinpfad, 66663 Merzig, Germany): Moselle balloon Fiesta – 17-19 August
– around 70 km from Luxembourg city (1b Rue Sainte-Anne, B-6820 Florenville, Belgium): Street Art Festival – 18-19 August
– around 100 km from Luxembourg city (Saarbrücken, Germany): Various events for kids
– around 102 km from Luxembourg city (Bouillon, Belgium): Medieval Festival at Château fort de Bouillon – 11-12 August
– around 111 km from Luxembourg city (Manderscheid, Germany): Historical Castle Festival Manderscheid– 25-26 August
– around 118 km from Luxembourg city (Nancy, France): Sound and Light Shows: 16 June – 16 Sept
– around 120 km from Luxembourg city (Château Fort de Sedan,Cour du Château, 08200 Sedan – France): Knight Tournament – until 26 August
– around 160 km from Luxembourg city (Kaiserslautern, Germany): Lego Exhibition: 11 May – 31 Oct
– around 217 km from Luxembourg city (Grand-Place in Brussels, 1000 Brussels, Belgium): Brussel’s Flower Carpet – 16-19 August
– around 257 km from Luxembourg city (Antwerp, Belgium): Do you know about “Summer of Antwerp“ (19.6-2.9. 2018)? Summer beach, beach chairs and bar, circus, show and entertainment for the whole family!
– around 346 km from Luxembourg city (Ostende, Belgium): Disney Sand Sculptures! – until 1 Oct!